This is a great little video to use as a discussion starter, when you want people to break out of their old way of thinking! It is particularly powerful when implementing new technology that is being met with resistance. After watching the video, which is only 2 1/2 minutes, use the questions below to stimulate discussion, action planning, and commitment!
QUESTIONS FOR LEADERS TO USE TO INITIATE DISCUSSION:
- What did each of the characters in this video represent, in terms of how we limit ourselves with our old beliefs?
- As ridiculous as this video is, what parallels can you see to how we approach change in our own lives?
- What issues are we dealing with right now that are our “stuck escalators?”
- How can we “get off the escalator” and move into action, instead of being paralyzed?
- In what ways can we show our commitment to turning our action plans into results?